Occasionally, when Andy and I are in Buckhead, we make our way over to Houston’s Restaurant. One of our favorite menu items is the Grilled Chicken Salad with mixed greens, jicama, honey-lime vinaigrette and peanut sauce. So, when I saw pinchofyum.com‘s Chopped Thai Chicken Salad , I knew we’d LOVE it.
Sure enough, it did not disappoint! Little warning… it’s hard to stop eating. I did make a few changes to the original recipe based on ingredients I had available and the number of servings I wanted. So, here you go. I hope you enjoy it!
Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 head of green cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large mango (not too ripe), chopped
- 3/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped peanuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper, minced
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar or local honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup of water, if needed
Toss all salad ingredients, except peanuts, into a mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Whisk together the first seven dressing ingredients. When well combined, add peanut butter and water. Again, whisk well.
Toss dressing with salad. Plate the salad then sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Garnish with a little extra cilantro.
Take a pic, and be so proud of your beautiful, healthy, and oh-so-delicious meal!