Recently, my friend Chris and I were strolling up and down the aisles of Bread Beckers Warehouse—one of my favorite places for healthy ingredients, fun kitchen gadgets, and great ideas for healthy living. She picked up a recipe card and immediately knew it was FOR ME—the Smoothie Girl! I made a few tweaks, added a protein powder my trainer had given me to try, and blended up the yumminess.
Whether you like healthy smoothies or not, you’ll LOVE this one. Even Allie, my 18- year-old who steers clear of most of my smoothies, admitted that this one is great!
- 1 C. almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- 5 almond milk ice cubes (or regular ice)
- 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder (vanilla will work, just add an extra tablespoon of cacao)
- 2 T. cacao
- 1 t. maca powder
- 1 t. lucuma powder
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 2 T. peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 date (pit removed—don’t forget that!)
- 1 t. vanilla
Blend all together and enjoy.
This is great for a post-workout smoothie or meal replacement. Loaded with healthy proteins and fats to fuel those tired muscles. It’s approximately 380 calories depending on your protein powder. If you need to reduce the calories, just eliminate the peanut butter. It’ll still be delicious!
Try it, and let me know what you think.