Spring is THE best time for anything strawberry. This is one of our very favorites! I made it this week, took pics of the process, and served it to our amazing small group. Strawberry Pizza, decaf coffee, great conversation, laughing and praying together… What could be better?
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour (I used a soft whole wheat flour, but any flour will do.)
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (You can use all butter if you’d rather.)
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar (I used Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
Combine crust ingredients and spread on pizza pan. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping
Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread this ridiculous yumminess over cooled crust.
- 1 3 ounce package strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 Cup water, divided (Pay attention to “divided!”)
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 Cups sliced strawberries
Combine gelatin, sugar, salt, and 1/2 Cup of the water. Use the other 1/2 Cup of water and dissolve cornstarch. Stir cornstarch water into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in sliced strawberries to coat. Cool.
Spread the strawberry topping over filling.
Enjoy with family and friends! If it’s not gone, it will call your name all night long… Fair warning.
Here are a few of the ingredients I used. I try to find natural and/or organic substitutes for as many ingredients as possible. I’m just weird that way.
Let me know if you make it. And, invite me over please. Happy Spring!