My Favorite Granola

I’m pretty sure we go through granola at our house faster than any other family in America. We eat it as breakfast cereal, on other breakfast cereal, sprinkled on yogurt, or just by the handfuls. My favorite recipe for it was adapted from a Bread Beckers recipe that I started using years ago. It’s simple, natural, and oh so delicious! You can use the basic recipe and then add your favorite extras.

IMG_2414

Sandra’s Granola

• 1 C. coconut oil
  • 1 C. honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 8 C. rolled oats
  • 2 C. whatever extras you like (chopped nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit)

Combine coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan. Mix well, and heat until slightly bubbly. While that’s heating, combine oats and extras in a large bowl. Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture. Stir and toss until it’s mixed well. Pour oat mixture on two lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, spread out again, and bake 5 more minutes. Let granola cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Yum! Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

Comments

Your recipe looks so so yummy! I’m going to add sunflower seeds and some tiny chocolate chips also to it. I will let you know how it turns out. Excited!

2. Lindsey says

After spending the day collecting snow and then making your snow cream recipe together my 3 yr scooped up a giant spoonful and just before inserting in his mouth said, “mom, are you sure this isn’t compost?” Now we have to try this one just to see what he says. 🙂

3. Kenya says

Thanks for sharing such a practical, healthy and scrumptious idea! I made it right away and it was THE BEST – so simple and fast – plus I love the versatility. The best part is that I stay full all morning long AND know exactly what was in it. No mystery chemicals or colors.

4. Kim Carpenter says

We love your granola recipe. Have made it twice in the last month. Thanks, Please post more favorite recipes.

5. Anita McCart says

On a related note, do you know of a kid-friendly smoothie recipe? Now that spring is here and things are finally warming up I’ve been wanting to make smoothies for my kids afternoon snack when they get home from school. I’m looking for one chalked full of fruits and veggies (since they don’t eat enough in regular form) but that will still taste pleasant enough that they’ll actually drink it. Any thoughts or advice?

6. Ryan L. says

I just made this for two friends with newborns. What a hit! Healthy, delicious, and a perfect snack. Thank you!!!!

• Sandra Stanley says

Probably a couple of weeks. It never lasts that long at our house. Also, you could keep it in the freezer. Freezes great.

7. Charlotte s Lewis says

You inspired me, Sandra, to make gifts with this! Added as my “choosies” almonds pecans & flaxseed meal.